Saturday 25 May 2013

Last day in New York

These are a few of the last sights I saw in New York before returning to Florida.

In between 6th and 7th Ave. Such logical numbering of the streets.




 
The island was closed to visitors so we had to make do with a photo from afar.
 
 


 
Inside the Guggenheim
 
 
On the fifth floor of Trump Tower with its waterfall flowing down into the atrium and the gardens.
 
 
 
 
Van Gogh's 'Starry night' at the Museum of Modern Art
 
 
 
The final cocktails in Rosie O'Grady's bar (I think)
 
 
 
 
The view from the hotel window.

7 comments:

  1. We have them here, you have them there and the US has them too, so very common, but I love seeing a photo of a maple tree in colour.

    So you could not go up into the Statue of Liberty. What a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And so it's goodbye to New York - I've never been there and so have enjoyed your snippets from this big vibrant city. You saw the real "Starry Night" by Van Gogh!! what a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your last pic - the view from your hotel window is cool! And I got a laugh from the "6 1/2" Ave sign. Enjoy the rest of your vacation and have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giddy height's is the word looking down from the hotel window. Looks like you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved it to travel with you through NY and see all the places you visited. I have been three times there and always want to go another time. There is so much to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you are having way too much fun...so wish I could of joined you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is Liberty Island still closed?! How many years has that been??? *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.