Friday 10 May 2013

Florida 2013

It was after 8pm when I arrived here yesterday and I felt too exhausted to do anything except go to bed. I can never sleep on long haul flights but I did manage to catch up on a number of films I wanted to see. This morning, feeling greatly refreshed I went for a walk around the estate where I am staying with friends A and N who have lived here for about 9 or 10 years now. So here I am in Florida in a place called Wellington not too far from West Palm Beach.
 
The weather is beautiful and very warm. All the houses have a view of a lake. Not sure how many lakes there are but quite a few. It  is a five mile walk around the outer edge of the estate.
The estate has been built on reclaimed land but natural areas remain and are protected. There was so much wild life especially bird life around that I am not familiar with and unfortunately cannot name.
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Ok now go and visit Tallahassee, I spent a month there working. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place ! Good that you arrived safe and sound !

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks gorgeous .... the perfect place for a long walk after being cooped up in that jet-plane. I've never been to Florida so look forward to seeing it through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun. Lots of birdlife around there. Nice to warm??

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be in a warm place sounds to nice, enjoy your stay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some amazing pictures there. I hope I get to get around as much as you do when I turn 60 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous! Having water nearby is so soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will enjoy your visit to Florida, I know. You take great pictures. My sister lives in Zephyrhills, Florida, and when I visit I am always amazed at how beautiful it is. Of course, I am there during the winter, not when it's so hot. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.