Thursday 6 June 2013

U3A walk to Downe

 Well the Summer has arrived this week. Beautiful blue skies and temperatures of 20+. So this week's walk was such a pleasure. It was my first one since returning from the USA so it was good to meet up with everyone. The walk was mainly on level ground but we had to cross numerous stiles.



The cow parsley was in full flower.
I never realised Kent had so many llamas.



















This tree is in the middle of the village at Downe. The seat surrounding the tree came in very handy for  a little rest and refreshments.
 Downe village was the home of Charles Darwin





Although late it was good to see the hawthorn in flower.




Yes it felt good to be out walking in the Kent countryside again.

9 comments:

  1. And welcome to see al that green again no doubt. I always felt that way when I came back from being away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weather still seems hit and miss in the Midlands. But after today...I am hopeful. Enjoying your shots. Hope you missed out on the dreaded jet-lag :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home... Hope you enjoyed the USA... Florida is having bad storms today--since a Tropical Storm is going through there.

    My blog friend in Australia is involved with the U3A groups down there... Don't think we have that in our country.

    Sounds like you had a good time with the group.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you live in a country with long winters, it must be absolute joy to begin to get nice summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scenery! Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very nice walk, nature is all so green now at last!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great weather for walking. I love the last shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cow parsley doesn't sound quite as good as it looks!!! Your summer sounds a bit like our autumn - but it's still a LOT greener. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. In Sussex it's the same ! I had never seen so many llama farms ! The only llama I had ever seen was in the zoo of Antwerp ! It was the first time I had been in Eastbourne in 2007 !

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.