Friday 28 June 2013

Greenwich Fair 2013

The annual  Greenwich Fair festival took place this week in different parts of Greenwich. Here at the Old Royal Naval College there were a number of different performances happening from dance, theatre, circus and other forms of street art. The festival is free and with the sun shining it was a great place for a picnic.












On the previous day this whale was in the Thames with rescue teams practising the best way of getting it back out to sea but today it was having a rest on the lawn.
 

7 comments:

  1. I love a good street fair. That's not a real whale is it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to ask about that whale too. I really looks real!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's not a real whale, is it? If so, it's dead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some how I can't see them dumping a dead whale on the grass at Greenwich and if it was dead where are the gulls and crows pecking carcass. Nice story

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun fair ... I do love that hat rack but the beached whale needs to flubber his way back to sea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I' checking back, hoping to hear the real story of the whale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is made from fibre glass but there was a serious side to it being put in the Thames. A few years ago a whale was stranded in the Thames and they couldn't get it back out to sea before it died. Since then they have done a lot of research looking at how to handle the situation better if it occurred again.This was an opportunity to try out the theory.

      Delete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.