Thursday 13 June 2013

Tennis at Queens

It is now the grass season in the world of tennis and yesterday I went to watch some of the players in the Aegon championships at Queens in West London. I only had a ground ticket which meant I could watch any matches on the outer courts but not the Centre or No 1 courts.

This was Dolgopolov beating Giraldo




Jamie Murray ( brother of Andy) winning his doubles match.










The weather was like a winter's day with cold winds blowing and the threat of heavy rain but I had worn many layers so was well prepared.



My one wish is to watch Andy Murray play live and I thought the time had come. During a rain break many of the hospitality crowd left which meant I could buy one of their returned tickets very cheaply with the money going to charity. It meant that when the tennis started again it would be the continuation of the  Murray v. Mahut game and I would have a front row seat. How excited was I! I heard the covers were being taken off Centre Court so I quickly made my way to my seat. Sat down in anticipation and then the heavens opened with such a vengeance. Play over for the day. I had to content myself with watching them warming up prior to their match.
 
 

Murray

Murray

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mahut
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Well at least you did get to see him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like we have similar weather, although our rain comes in little dribs and drabs. It's cold here, too. I kind of like it, while the rest of the country melts on this side of the pond. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHH---wish you could have seen Andy Murray play... Maybe it will work another time. I enjoy tennis but don't watch it much anymore. I used to watch Wimbledon every year... Glad you got there though... Maybe sometime, Jamie Murray will be as good as his brother!!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw on the internet that Pippa and her mom were there too, did you rub shoulders? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How disappointing for you - with your patience and persistence, it's bound to happen one day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.