Sunday 21 December 2014

Fortnum and Mason

 These are the windows of Fortnum and Mason's store in Piccadilly, London. This is the way to advertise your goods for Christmas. They sell handmade chocolates, biscuits, Christmas puddings and many other top of the range food stuffs. Their hampers must rate as one of the best on the market. The tiniest of them starts at £50 for just a couple of items and I don't think there is an upper limit.
 But whoever designed these windows certainly knows how to entice people into the shop. I love looking around this store but looking is all that I do as most things are out of my price range.



















 Inside, the store is equally festive.




















More from Christmas in London tomorrow.

15 comments:

  1. But just looking can be enough, I love to see all those inspiring and creative shopwindows. It is a bit fairytale for adults, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow fantastic items and great displayed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking us along. Beautiful! Isn't it nice that looking is still free :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure is beautifully decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those pretty red decorations in the next to last picture. Oh heck, I love ALL of them, but those especially. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to display things! Makes me want to buy something. The store's interior is also very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks out of my price range too but the inspiration is free and I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Wouldn't it be fun to create displays like that? I think so!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do I see your refection in the last photo. Your right about being too expencive, I would be doing the same and just looking

    ReplyDelete
  10. Remarkable! But rather out of my price range!

    Hope you have a good Christmas.

    cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  11. such opulence seems almost obscene

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't need the windows to entice me into a shop with THAT much food! But they're certainly spectacular! NOW - where can I find a spare 50 pounds?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so beautiful. ... The joys of a big city! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh thank you I had to find out more and Paul Symes designed it all and it took a year "the last day, is spent getting ready for the big reveal. By 5pm, performers are mingling with shoppers in the store. Mince pies and hot chocolate are given out. .An expectant audience gathers in the street. This year, even ten minutes before the blinds came up we were still adding the last touches to the snow on the displays ..."

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.