Saturday 18 July 2015

Early morning in London

If you are thinking of visiting London during the Summer I would advise getting out and about early especially if you want to see some of the iconic buildings and architecture.








This was Saturday morning around 8am at Covent Garden. No-one around to get in the way of the photos.











                                                                                                                                   It's at this time of the day that the deliveries are made

The streets are being cleaned.


















The posts in the middle of the road are removed to let the lorries and street cleaners through.



Inside Covent Garden the deliveries have been made and just waiting for the stall holders to arrive and set up their wares.















Of course you also need to come back a little later to see what the stall holders are selling and enjoy the free entertainment around the Market.


14 comments:

  1. What took you there so early one morning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So perfect! I love the difference in the early morning, too. The light is wonderful as well as the streets being empty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the morning it is not crowded it is a great advantage

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not very good at getting out and about early but when I do, it is always nice and quiet. We did make an effort to be up early to see the Empire State Building. I remember that area in the last photo. There was opera being performed and fund raising buckets being passed around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love visiting places in the early hours, before the crowds arrive. Nice photo collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just been browsing and really enjoyed reading your posts so have decided to follow you. London is a place I'd love to visit one day, can't see it happening just yet but never say never!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. So empty ! That looks so strange to me !

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an early bird, nice to see everything so empty indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great advice. I might be visiting soon so I´ll think of it. I like your shots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had it all to yourself - how marvelous! It looks very different to when it's crammed full of people.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting series of early morning market life. I like people in the shots. Brings life to the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Getting out and about early is good in the summer whether you are hiking in the woods or strolling in the city! Fun to watch the people setting up the market too and you get first pick when it all opens!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whenever I see London on TV or in photographs it is simply amazing how crowded it seems to be. So it was good to the quiet times of London. I love getting up at 5am at the moment - 3 or more hours of solitary peace.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.