Tuesday 6 November 2012

Singapore

I am now in Singapore on the final leg of my journey. I arrived at the hotel around midnight but for me, still on New Zealand time it was5am. I crawled into bed not taking a lot of notice of my surroundings. In the morning I pulled back the curtain to reveal - a brick wall.





There was no window! Needless to say a few words in the manager's ear and amazingly another room was found. It is a small boutique hotel which had good reports on trip advisor and was cheaper than most. It is in the heart of Little India and as it is Divali at the moment there are lots of decorated streets and colourful markets.




 

 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos!

    The only thing I've seen of Singapore is the airport. Had a one hour refuelling stopover on my first trip to Australia. Seemed like a really comfortable airport, for the half hour I got to stretch my legs and wander around! I seem to remember my sister telling me there's a butterfly park IN the airport and that it's gorgeous. You should look into that when you fly out! ;o)

    Bon voyage home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly arrived at a very colourful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been enjoying your journey, and that last picture is simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An interesting time of the year to be in Singapore by the sounds of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a grea photo. I try to follow your trip and Singapore must be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that´s a very colorful place. :) I had a similar experience with a hotelroom onse. Not a brickwall but the next building was only one m from my window. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.