Welcome to my blog

This is it! I've given up work -retired from the rat race and am about to start on a 10 year adventure, doing all those things I've been meaning to do but never had the time to do them. I've offloaded my responsibilities and it is now my time. So follow my adventures and see whether I actually manage anything!



Saturday, 3 November 2012

Dunedin

Today we arrived in the town of Dunedin. We had a few free hours in the afternoon to explore the town. As we were staying close to the Botanical gardens I started my afternoon there. They were much bigger than I first thought with a wonderful Rhodedendron dell.

The gardens are on the side of the hill which made them even more interesting.

After a torrential shower I walked into the town to look at the railway station.


 
 The station had some wonderful features.
 
 
A mosaic in the entrance hall
 
 
Stained glass windows
 
 
 Tiled ticket office.

2 comments:

  1. Aha! I called it again! Milford first and now Dunedin! I'm on a roll!!! ;o)

    Gorgeous gardens!!! I didn't see those when I was in Dunedin. I did see the train station though, lovely! I just spent 2 days there. One visiting Dunedin (check out the Museum, it's excellent!) and one visiting the Peninsula (I rented a car with a few people who had been on the bus with me, we saw yellow-eyed penguins, blue penguins, albatrosses and fur seals plus lots of other birds).

    I hope they've taken you to see the Moeraki boulders! They're just a bit south of Dunedin on the coast. Fascinating upside-down bowl-shaped rocks sticking out of the sand...

    I'm really enjoying re-visiting New Zealand with you. Thanks for stirring up these wonderful memories of my trip! I hope you keep enjoying it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fascinating railway station.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.