Welcome to my blog

This is it! I've given up work -retired from the rat race and am about to start on a 10 year adventure, doing all those things I've been meaning to do but never had the time to do them. I've offloaded my responsibilities and it is now my time. So follow my adventures and see whether I actually manage anything!



Saturday, 10 November 2012

Raffles

There was one thing I had to do in Singapore and that was to enjoy a Singapore Sling cocktail in the Long bar of Raffles Hotel. It is the epitome of colonial elegance in the midst of the modern skyscrapers.






I can just imagine the likes of Noel Coward and friends having a cup of tea in the shade in this quiet corner.




But here is where the action takes place - The Long Bar


This is where you sit under the straw fans sipping cocktails.


The cocktail of choice - The Singapore Sling, of course!




6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous hotel! And very elegant! :o)

    What's in a Singapore Sling? Was it tasty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that patio is so old-world glamorous. Life IS grand with a cherry on top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great reminder of what it was like for the colonials. You are looking remarkably energetic after such a long trip.The epitome of a retired lady. You sure are getting the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thing i renenber most about Singapore was the oppressive heat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least ONE beautiful building amongst these skyscrapers !

    ReplyDelete
  6. SG$18 for a large beer at Raffles was disappointing. I am not sure why, maybe a very old photo I saw, but I imagined Raffles been set in a large garden grassed area with a leading driveway, ala an English country house. However, I did like Singapore a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.