Thursday 22 November 2012

Covent Garden

 
 


Add
I am unable to download any new photos at the moment as google want to now charge a monthly fee which no doubt I will ultimately have to pay as I can't see any way round it. I suppose I just feel annoyed because no mention was ever made about there being a limit to the amount of storage space that was free.
 


Anyway these photos of Covent garden were taken prior to my last trip and were already on my blog but as a draft. Abrief history of the area tells us that Inigo Jones designed the Piazza and square in 1630. It wasn't long before a fruit and veg market was established in the square.
 
 

The present market was designed by Fowler in 1830 and remained as a fruit and vegetable market until 1974 when it was becoming impossible to transport the fruit and veg through the congested streets of central London. The market was moved out of London and after much debate and public protests the market was redeveloped into a thriving craft market and place for entertainment


 












There is always a variety of street entertainers

 
 
 
 


Paellas are on the menu for today


The Punch and Judy pub balcony overlooks the street entertainers.























5 comments:

  1. I ran into the same problem a couple of days ago and eventually succeeded in being able to post on my blog by deleting (or transferring to a portable hard drive) almost half a Gig of images from within Picasa. So far, so good! Hope that works for you too. Wishing you a fabulous run at your "bucket list". Retirement (like any stage in life) is what we make of it, but I reckon fun is the goal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me homesick ! How often have a sat there ! Now once a year, before when my son lived and worked in London during 10 years I was there more often of course !

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a nice place to be, always something to see there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing I learned is that if you export your pictures in a lower resolution format, you will not reach that limit for several years. I'm guessing that your pictures are all full size, and they don't show up any different than ones in a much smaller format. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been to Covent Garden several times and think it's a lovely place! The last time I was there they didn't have a Pain Quotidien yet... Have you eaten there? It's a Belgian bakery/delicatessen/whatever. There's one in Liège (where I lived for 8 years) and I absolutely LOVED having a leisurely breakfast there (fabulous bread basket which you can lather in several different chocolates or jams) or meeting a friend to lunch on their delicious salads... yummm!!!

    As for the photo problem... Have been uploading your photos in full resolution? That could have been the problem making you fill up your quota so soon. It took me 3 1/2 years to fill up my "free space"! I have paid for the extra space and I just remember to not upload photos that are too large. I should be good for a few more years now. :p

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.