Welcome to my blog

This is it! I've given up work -retired from the rat race and am about to start on a 10 year adventure, doing all those things I've been meaning to do but never had the time to do them. I've offloaded my responsibilities and it is now my time. So follow my adventures and see whether I actually manage anything!



Saturday, 5 October 2013

Endless Stairs


A couple of weeks ago I met up with fellow blogger Cynthia  (wisdom for a simpler life)  who was visiting London from the USA.  Sadly the weather was not on our side but between the showers we managed a walk along the South Bank before visiting the Imperial War Museum. It was fun meeting up with a cyber friend and finding we had much in common.
Outside the Tate Modern was this artwork called 'Endless Stairs'. It was inspired by the drawings of Escher and designed by a group of architects using 15 interlocking staircases.

9 comments:

  1. Dearest Fun60,
    Oh, how amazing the "Endless Stairs" are♡♡♡ Happy for your meeting with cyber friend. How great if I could have a chance(*^_^*)

    Love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful and I think almost as confusing as the drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fun to walk on an endless stair, Escher was a master in this impossible creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love meeting up with cyber friends? I would also love to walk on those Escher-inspired stairs! Maybe one day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always found the drawings did my head in - so I can't imagine how I'd cope with the 3D version!! It looks amazing - a little bit reminiscent of the staircases at Hogwarts in the Harry Potter movies??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think I know the drawing you are talking about but the real thing makes my eyes go funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a nice experience for me to meet a blogger friend, too! This was just one of the fun surprises on our walk, and the weather was really quite cooperative. The day before I was hailed on! Thanks for sharing your day, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun to meet a fellow-blogger...and I love that sculpture and the fact that it is 'hands (and feet)-on"

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.