Welcome to my blog

This is it! I've given up work -retired from the rat race and am about to start on a 10 year adventure, doing all those things I've been meaning to do but never had the time to do them. I've offloaded my responsibilities and it is now my time. So follow my adventures and see whether I actually manage anything!



Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Gold post boxes

During the Olympics and Paralympics whenever  GB won a gold medal a post box from their local area was painted gold. I was only thinking the other day that I had yet to spot one but whilst in Manchester this week I came across this one by chance. It is in the heart of the city in Albert Square. I think it a pity that they do not put the name of the gold medallist on the post box but after a little research discovered that it was in honour of  Philip Hindes Men's Team Sprint - cycling







11 comments:

  1. That is very special, a golden post box, it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a good idea but as you say the name of the recipient should be on the box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A golden post box in commemoration of sportsmanship and team spirit of Gold Medal winners? Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful tribute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You Brits are very ingenious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a special tribute to the gold medallists! But you're right, they should have put their names on them as well. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a real nice tribute to the gold medal winners !

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.