Welcome to my blog

This is it! I've given up work -retired from the rat race and am about to start on a 10 year adventure, doing all those things I've been meaning to do but never had the time to do them. I've offloaded my responsibilities and it is now my time. So follow my adventures and see whether I actually manage anything!



Wednesday, 27 August 2014

RLSB at Billingsgate Seafood school

As some of you may know I work as a volunteer sighted guide for the Royal London Society for the Blind.  For one or two days a week during August  I have been supporting young visually impaired adults improve their cooking skills at the Billingsgate seafood school. It has been lots of fun  with new skills acquired by everyone. This is R gutting a fish for the first time.










11 comments:

  1. The end result looks rather good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This is a very wonderful thing you do, and I do hope you got to sample the results! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The students all look as if they are enjoying themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH how neat, Marie.... That is such a huge service for those students... Everyone seems to be having a good time... Thank YOU for volunteering to help them..

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must be quite an interesting experience ! It's nice of you to work with them ! If the fish was as good as the once I ate in France, then it's perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yuck I hate gutting fish, not done that in a long time. Good on you doing that in helping people who are less well off like that

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you. You all benefit. I haven't gutted a fish in years, now that I think about it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this looks like fun and you are such a wonderful person! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your students are doing a better job than I could. This is great work you are doing and I'd like to read more about it (I don't remember reading any previous posts ... maybe before I found your blog).

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.