Welcome to my blog

This is it! I've given up work -retired from the rat race and am about to start on a 10 year adventure, doing all those things I've been meaning to do but never had the time to do them. I've offloaded my responsibilities and it is now my time. So follow my adventures and see whether I actually manage anything!



Sunday, 31 August 2014

Parish Lock up

Walking through the streets of Hampstead I came across this unusual doorway and windows.









I then had to find Holly Walk to have a look at the Watch House mentioned above and here it is:



Sharing with Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors!,

11 comments:

  1. I have to say I found this whole area fascinating - I wonder how wealthy you have to be to live there!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting piece of history. Worth visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize that the phrase "lock-up" was a noun with a place, actual bars on the window. Very interesting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it would be impossible to break out of that lock-up. Very secure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only thing I miss living on this side of the pond...the history

    ReplyDelete
  6. It makes me claustrophobic to think of being locked up in a garden wall. I guess I will just behave myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brrr, a bad place to be locked up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice brick work, but I wouldn't want to be locked in either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great discovery. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great old buildings. My city didn't exist back then!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I'm glad I don't need to spend any time in that first one - although it's rather charming on the outside, I bet the inside is miserable...

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.