Thursday 21 April 2022

Long Distance walk

Well the week didn't start that well when I couldn't retrieve a lost post and unfortunately things didn't improve. Today should have been the beginning of our walk with a 15 mile trek through the heart of Norfolk. However, on Monday two of the group tested positive for Covid! With a third of the group in isolation and a couple of the others with injuries, it was decided to postpone the walk for the third year running. We were all beyond disappointed. After putting in the effort these last few weeks with the training I have decided to go it alone. I won't be doing the same walk as we are hoping to do it together next year. After the zoom call I spent the next couple of hours trying to find some accommodation and luckily found somewhere to stay in Blakeney on the North Norfolk Coast.










I arrived here yesterday afternoon and met the owner who is delightful. I am staying in a self contained extension to her house, which suits my needs perfectly.

I am about a ten minute walk from the salt marshes on the North Norfolk Coast. As this was such a last minute change of plans I have no idea how much or how little walking I will do this week. Last night I did a six mile walk but it was late when I set out and I had to be careful not to be walking as dusk falls. I don't want to be out on the marshes in the dark!


9 comments:

  1. Oh dear you have been having a bad time. Hopefully your stay there will be enjoyable. Keep safe .

    ReplyDelete
  2. What bad luck to have your walk postponed again; often the hardest thing about long-distance walks is getting to the start-line. Enjoy your time in N Norfolk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You couldn't just postpone for a couple of weeks?
    Where you are appears to quite flat, great for walking.
    Your digs look very comfortable. Worth the trip just to stay there. Did you drive there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you could at least salvage some time to walk on your own. I assume the accommodations will be your base to return to each night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No doubt you will enjoy these treks, not entirely on your own since your camera is with you. Your independence is not only commendable but also inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to learn of the loss of your original plan, but I look forward to your pictures as you make the best of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the world seems to have gone mad this week ~ If something could go wrong it did ~ I am hoping for a peaceful day today and on the weekend ~ for you and myself as well ~ Xo

    Wishing you laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you've had to go it alone. I hope you still manage to enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That’s too bad! But it looks like you have found a fun alternative, even if you will miss your fun companions. I hope the weather is good and you enjoy the scenery and your accommodations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.