Sunday 17 April 2022

Easter

Happy Easter everyone. The sun is shining and the temperature is rising. Yesterday I did a 10 mile walk in preparation for my walk around Norfolk which starts this week. The walk was a local one but it was lovely to see all the bluebells coming into flower. 


I was hoping to post my next Underground station over on my other blog Above the Underground but as I was editing it this morning I accidently deleted it. I have no idea how it happened. My work saves automatically so I thought it would be easy to retrieve it but no! I tried all the usual ways and others I discovered on the internet but to no avail. The post had gone. It had taken me three weeks to research and write the post so I was not a happy bunny. I have felt unhappy and frustrated about it all day and am tempted to just ignore it and move on to the next station but I would always have Dollis Hill station missing from the Jubilee Line. Fortunately I still have the photos and am hoping that as I've written about it once it won't take me as long to do it again. Just need the motivation to do it.

11 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about you having lost that post. It's happened to me a couple of times and it's incredibly frustrating. I still can wish you a very Happy Easter and may your post be resurrected! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter and have fun on your long hiking trip. Too bad about the delete of the long post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how annoying......! Hope you get to write it up again, I like your Underground station visits!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three weeks to research a post, then lose every trace of it? No wonder you are miserable. I did that only once and vowed NEVER to get caught again. Now I send an email copy of the first draft, before any edits, to the beloved to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos happy Easter from

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can guess your frustration, and sadly it never seems as good when it is written a second time. But what else can you do.

    Forget it for a bit and enjoy your Norfolk walking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I feel your frustration at losing the post. Your station posts are always so detailed and interesting. I often prepare the text of my posts on Word which will autosave and recover them if I forget to do it. I hope we do get to see your tour of Dollis Hill but in the meantime enjoy your walking holiday with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh no that is really annoying, blogger must've had a glitch, I hope you try again at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful bluebells! So sorry about the post and all your research lost. The same thing has happened to me and it seems pure torture to re-research it and then write it again. I think it helps to put it away for a bit and come back to it in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How frustrating that must have been. Do you work on an Apple computer? If so you might have a time machine that can go back in time and you would find it there. Or isn't everything saved in the cloud these days? I'm not sure how you retrieve it though. there must be a way. Enjoy your next big walk.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.