Thursday 28 April 2022

Horsey Gap

 

As I am staying on the North Norfolk Coast I drove to a place called Horsey Gap which is well known for its beautiful sandy beach and for the seals that breed here. It is home to the largest colony of grey seals in the UK.  

Even though the breeding season is from the end of October to the end of January, you can still see the seals on the beach or swimming in the sea.









The area is manned by volunteers ensuring that the seals are left undisturbed. All of my photos were taken with a zoom lens.


















The shoreline was lined with seals as far as the eye could see.

8 comments:

  1. So many of them, impressive and good they are well protected by volunteers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing sight of seals and a lovely sandy beach. By the footprints, it is a very well used beach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see my friends, the seals, again. It looks as though the moult is still going on to judge from the number of seals on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do look utterly lazy. I guess they aren't bothered by people watchers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I never think of sandy beaches and seals in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when we went there what an impressive sight they are. Really good photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its much the same with seals here, people are advised to keep a good distance as the adults can get a bit aggressive sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.