Welcome to my blog

This is it! I've given up work -retired from the rat race and am about to start on a 10 year adventure, doing all those things I've been meaning to do but never had the time to do them. I've offloaded my responsibilities and it is now my time. So follow my adventures and see whether I actually manage anything!



Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Upbeat decorations

For those of you that remember London in the sixties there was only one place to go shopping for clothes - Carnaby Street. It still has a number of individual shops but alas there are now a few of the more familiar high street names appearing. But you can always rely on slightly different Christmas decorations:

What else would you do with obsolete record albums?

8 comments:

  1. Funny! I saw a tree made of old library books at the Bellingham Library, and strung with pretty blue lights. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get out more like you!! That's a very novel Christmas street deco and there is obviously some very creative people who think up the designs. Happy Christmas ... Leanne@B&B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I was only in London once but that was in '87 and in the month of October so I have no idea of Christmas shopping on Carnaby Street. Definitely unique and great fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I was there in 1970, loved it. In 2010 I was there again and it lost the magic indeed. But the decorations are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This year I wanted to go to London for a day, but as I came back so late from Egypt I had no time ! Looks very special !

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.