Welcome to my blog

This is it! I've given up work -retired from the rat race and am about to start on a 10 year adventure, doing all those things I've been meaning to do but never had the time to do them. I've offloaded my responsibilities and it is now my time. So follow my adventures and see whether I actually manage anything!



Monday, 17 December 2012

unusual christmas trees (2)

On my search for unusual Christmas trees and decorations, I came across this one in the window of a chinese restaurant. It is made from bamboo steamer boxes:


With just a few bows they have transformed these steamers.
 

16 comments:

  1. Very creative design made out of round shaped boxes. I suddenly have the urge to buy myself a hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool!
    And it has funnily just opened my appetite! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now! That's certainly different..... Perfect for a Chinese Restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!! Perfect for the Chinese Restaurant it is!! Great shot for the day!! Have a beautiful week and a very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting tree - I guess you could say they have made Xmas out of what they had!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well ... I suppose you could say they are taking an approach to sustainable living! Enjoy the Festive Season!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fortunately you precise "steam boxes" I first thought it was toilet paper, lol ! Still a nicer tree then the awful scaffolding we have in Brussels as X-mas tree !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Creative photo ~ well done ~ Happy Holidays ^_^

    (A Creative Harbor) aka ArtMuseDog and Carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice job! Both them with the boxes and you sharing it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for sharing...I love it. Merry Christmas to YOU!
    Laurie @ Pride in photos

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very original idea. Good advertisement for a Chinese restaurant! - I wonder i f youc an steam Christmas puddings in them? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.