Welcome to my blog

This is it! I've given up work -retired from the rat race and am about to start on a 10 year adventure, doing all those things I've been meaning to do but never had the time to do them. I've offloaded my responsibilities and it is now my time. So follow my adventures and see whether I actually manage anything!



Friday, 12 October 2012

Farewell to Cairns

I was out for a walk before the sun appeared over the mountains today. I wanted to catch a glimpse of the birds looking for breakfast as the tide recedes.


I could see the pelicans seemingly floating along.

My friend the spoonbill was there.


 The foreshore was alive with a variety of bird life all looking to fill their bellies. So it was goodbye to Cairns and on to my next stop, Port Douglas and the Great Barrier Reef.

4 comments:

  1. A lovely way to start the day! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't mind swapping your warm weather just now. It was freezing down here in southern NSW yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely shots! I spent a year in Cairns many decades ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read your posts before and try to follow you on a map ! I also want to go to Australia one day ! Now I am curious where you are going after Cairns ! You should have made a little map so that it is easier to see where you will go (unless you have done this and I missed it !)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.