Tuesday 25 July 2023

Goodbye to Chicago

 After packing and checking out of the hotel. I left my luggage there and walked with M,  to the station to say a sad goodbye. We both realise that meeting up in a different country each year as we used to pre Covid days is not really feasible but hopefully we might both have one or two more long haul flights in us. So it was with a tear in my eye but a smile on my face as I waved goodbye listening to M singing at the top of her voice 'We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when......' as she disappeared down the escalator. 




My flight was an evening one so I had all day to wander and revisit various parts of Chicago.  The skyscrapers were covered in low cloud.













Lake Michigan








Frank Gehry concert arena. We missed out here as we hadn't realised it was Blues week with lots of free concerts! No idea how our radar missed that one.


 Lunch by the river.



Then it was back to the hotel to collect my luggage and off to the airport. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Chicago and St Louis. There was a lot to see and I was glad we spent over a week in the city. 
Where will my next adventure take me? Well next month it's a few days in Menorca, a small island off the coast of Spain and then later in the year I will be visiting Albania.

8 comments:

  1. Summer lunch by the river is the loveliest way to say goodbye to Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have burst openly into tears if someone sang that to me as M did as she parted. Seeing Chicago and St Louis through your eyes and words has been revealing to me. I especially liked Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad you're not traveling to Spain in September when we are. I do enjoy your travelogues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading about your latest trip. Hope you and your friend are able to get together again for another one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope you and your friend will be able to get together again for another trip.

    Enjoy your time in Menorca ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved t he tour of Chicago and St Louis -- thanks for sharing it and I know you and M will get back together on another adventure --

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.