Monday 10 July 2023

Commenting on posts

 I have had a lot of problems commenting on a number of blogs. The main problem being that Google would not accept that I was signed in whilst trying to comment using my phone. Strangely this wasn't an issue when I used my old tablet.

Finally I think I have solved the problem. It seems to be related to Chrome. I uninstalled all the updates and then tried it again and lo and behold it is now working.

I know some of you have had a similar issues when trying to comment so check out Chrome. It might solve the problem.

10 comments:

  1. I had the same problem. I could comment from my phone, but not my laptop. Then one day, I could comment again. I blame gnomes, gremlins and bad fairies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you do a system restore? I know that google once in a while makes you sign in on different devices, I've had that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I have to use Chrome, I can't comment using Safari on my Apple laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip - I often struggle to comment using my phone

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same problem and resorted to opening an "incognito window" and I was able to sign in and leave comments. I will try uninstalling.
    BTW I received an unusual e-mail from you today...asking for help but not saying anything else. It appeared to be sent to a bunch of BCCs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the info. I noticed issues commenting on some of the blogs and thought it was just Blogger being difficult again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a strange e-mail from you today too. I think your account may have been hacked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also receive this email from your account asking for my assistance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry Marie, the anonymous comment above was from me. I too received an odd email from you, asking if I was still at my email account and asking me to reply because you need my assistance. Jaqueline Biggs

    ReplyDelete
  10. No such problem for me. But occasionally I find a comment won't publish and I have to come back to it later, if I remember.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.