Welcome to my blog

This is it! I've given up work -retired from the rat race and am about to start on a 10 year adventure, doing all those things I've been meaning to do but never had the time to do them. I've offloaded my responsibilities and it is now my time. So follow my adventures and see whether I actually manage anything!



Saturday, 7 June 2014

King's Cross in Bloom

A walk from King's Cross station to Regent's Canal was full of surprises today.











 I loved this giant birdcage with the swing inside. Anyone could have a go if they wished.


This young boy was having a great time trying to stop the water shooting up into the air. I hope his Mum had a change of clothes for him!


Then this delightful display of flowers along the banks of the canal provided such a splash of colour.



 I crossed to the other side of the canal to a cafe and just look at these  tables. They all had different flower photographs printed onto them.















Anyone for Jenga or chess whilst you are enjoying a drink by the canal?












Then just as I was walking away from the canal I spotted this wall with its unusual vertical plant display.

8 comments:

  1. So many very original things to see. And you captured them perfectly. Loved the tour! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd try the swing, except that I might begin to feel a little . . . well, like I'm in a cage. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You saw a lot of colorful artsy things today! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really a walk full of surprises, the flowers are wonderful and I like the swing too, I would have a swing myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many fun things to photograph. I love the bright flowers and I think I would have had a go at the swing, too! You must have been out and about early--hardly any people about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like very nice and beautiful walk !

    ReplyDelete
  7. A most interesting walk. Loved the way the flowers were presented. Janey

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.