Welcome to my blog

This is it! I've given up work -retired from the rat race and am about to start on a 10 year adventure, doing all those things I've been meaning to do but never had the time to do them. I've offloaded my responsibilities and it is now my time. So follow my adventures and see whether I actually manage anything!



Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Manchester United

 Tonight I am staying in a hotel across the road from Manchester United's Ground








 Until I moved to London at the age of 18, I lived about a mile from the ground and did go to a couple of home games when it didn't cost an arm and a leg to buy a ticket. At that time these were probably the three most famous players in the team: George Best, Dennis Law and Bobby Charlton.

4 comments:

  1. What a treat! I hope you tell more about this adventure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can go home again. (If you stay in a hotel!). Fun -- enjoy the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to look online to find out what kind of sports were played at Manchester United --since I had never heard of it... I read that it is a Football Club....Interesting... The prices sound like the expensive prices in our country to go to professional football games. I just opt to watch them on TV!!!!!! ha

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Given the way they have played this season, I think this road should be a cul-de-sac!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.