Friday 18 November 2022

Waterfalls


As we travelled around the Golden Circle in Iceland we stopped at a few waterfalls. 



This one I was able to walk around the back. A different experience for me.






 
You can't visit Iceland without experiencing the thermal waters. The Blue lagoon is well known but fully booked. We visited the Secret Lagoon which has only been open to tourists for a few years. The temperature was perfect although there were some spots near the edge which I found too hot to handle. 

Because of its geological position
Iceland is a volcanic hotspot. Geothermal energy is used for heating and generating electricity. 90% of all homes in Iceland are heated with geothermal energy. There are numerous thermal pools in Iceland which are a joy to use (once you have braved the freezing air to get from the changing room and showers to the pool).


10 comments:

  1. I can see you in the water. What fun! The waterfalls are truly amazing. The Golden Circle sounds like the Irish Ring of Kerry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how much power could be tapped from those waterfalls. The top photo looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those falls are spectacular. Going under one did you experience the spray? Hot pools are fun too. We experienced one in Jasper National Park in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like such an amazing place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm rather jealous of your trip to Iceland, I would love to go in May/June and to see the wildlife there. Maybe not in winter as I'm not a fan of ice and snow, even with a thermal pool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow these waterfalls are amazing. We know a few people who have been to Iceland from Australia - such a long way - and loved it. Thankyou for taking us along. Happy travels, stay safe, and thankyou for visiting my blog last week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The waterfalls are amazing ! and the fact that you can swim surrounded by snow unbelievable ! I am dreaming to do the same. I google everywhere to find a suitable travel company for me I want to see the Northern lights, Norway and Iceland. You just fulfilled "my dream" !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful waterfalls :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.