Thursday 9 September 2021

Trafalgar Square


During August There was an exhibition of life sized replicas of the Nation's favourite paintings in Trafalgar Square. To me these prints cannot hold a candle to the real thing but it was one way of encouraging people back into the Gallery. Entrance is free but you still need to have booked a ticket in advance to visit the National Gallery.
A couple of the replicas in the outdoor exhibition.

Also in the Square were these 30 easels for people to try out their own artistic skills. All sessions were free and open to everyone but again you needed to book. The sessions were artist-led or educator-led and looked very inviting. Sadly I was too late to book one. 

10 comments:

  1. What do you think you may have attempted to paint or draw? A portrait titled, 'An Aussie mate'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for showing me this event, which seems like a great idea. It's strange to me that it wasn't more well advertised. Of course, I am across the pond, so maybe it was and I just never heard about it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! So good to see things happening again in Trafalgar Square.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sound like a fun exhibition, did you have to pay for the art session

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would certainly take the grandchildren to see the replicas. And they would love the outside viewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a huge art fan so I would enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea to encourage Art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The paintings seem a bit flat for some reason. And yes, I know they are 2D, ie flat, but I don't know. Size does matter for some pieces of art I think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems to be a good idea to encourage art, and they were free too :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.