Friday 8 May 2020

A day in my world during lockdown.

Our day starts with lessons. As you can see I have a large class. My granddaughter takes the register for me because she can remember all  18 names.
We also had to put up the bunting we had made earlier this week to celebrate the 75th anniversary of VE  (Victory in Europe) day.












After lessons I took both grandchildren for a walk to see the four little ducklings.
Piece of art using leaves and petals gathered on the walk.
Playtime in their favourite box. The most played with toy during lockdown.
After lunch I went for a walk on my own. I have now done 43 miles on the virtual walk I'm doing (see previous post).










Once the children are in bed tonight, I will be taking part in the weekly family quiz, courtesy of the zoom app. Other than the Friday quiz the days don't change very much in this strange world we find ourselves in at the moment. I try to find time for daily phone calls to friends and then if I have any energy left I try and read, comment or write a post!

12 comments:

  1. It’s so fun to see your grandchildren! The littlest one has managed to grow way past what I had imagined. They will remember these days with such fondness because they got to spend so much time with their grandma Marie. I miss mine so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just signed off FaceTime with youngest granddaughter who's in Buffalo. Lately these sessions are not holding her attention. She likes the emoticons she can find on her version of FaceTime. I've run out of books to read and the same ones don't hold her attention. A bit frustrating but good to see and hear her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely post and pictures.

    I Skype with the grandchildren … but can't wait to be able to see them in person.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lowcarb

      I also use phones, skype, messages and emails with the grandchildren, but contact through the closed glass doors was not as good as real hugs. And shared meals.

      Delete
  4. I suppose it had been a relationship building time for you and your grandchildren. It must be warm to see cows sitting in the shade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the classroom, and that sweet box they like to sit in. You are very fortunate to have them close, with the ability to be with them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too think these times will be fondly remembered by your grandchildren and you. Talk about quality time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely kids and I do like that box where they can play pretend! It looks like a spaceship or it could be a time machine to before or after the pandemic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute your class ! I am sure your grandchildren keep you more then busy ! I got used now to this strange life, every day the same routine, it makes me so tired and I have no energy. What keeps me up is the forthcoming move, we finally can sign the renting contract (we don't buy anymore at our age) and move in slowly from June 15 on.. My two friends are busy to calculate the curtains I have to put on the windows, and help me with good ideas. At least this brings a bit of life in our dull existence !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure you're exhausted every night but what a lovely bonding time with your grandchildren. Keep up the walking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I sometimes realize with pity how our lives has changed so suddenly. I don't like life this way very much and hope we can you out again soon without restrictions...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that their favorite toy is a box...brings back memories. And so does the classroom with your apprentice teacher taking roll ! My daughter and SIL have their oldest grandson at their home in the country because at 12 he needed more room to run (and a firmer hand or two) ... his mom (my granddaughter) also has her hands full with a one year old and a ten year old who has Type 1 Diabetes. So my daughter, who is retired, is home schooling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.