Thursday 21 November 2019

St Martin's IOS





On my last full day on the Scilly Isles, the weather was glorious. I decided to visit St Martins, another of the islands. The island is just over two miles long with beautiful sandy beaches. It has one post office/ general stores, two cafes, a bakery and two quays.


.t
I decided I would have time to walk around the island before the boat returned to take us back to St Mary's island where I was staying.









The blackberries were very sweet and plentiful.













There is a hotel on the island and I decided to have some lunch there. I opted for a crab salad. It was delicious










I walked down onto this beach and sat down to admire the view and enjoyed listening to the sea lapping the shore.







Finally back on the boat after another fabulous day.

16 comments:

  1. Last time I visited that place a lady got caught getting in the boat, she was caught holding the harbour with her feet in the boat the boat moved and then she went in. She was not young either, came out like a drowned rat prro thing. You make me wish to go back and visit th eplace

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day it must have been and to enjoy the serenity and beauty of the island.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because it was such a cracker of a day, you will remember the Isles well. The sand looks quite white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so quiet there, beautiful nature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous place with fabulous deserted beaches. I would have loved to beachcomb there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had the place to yourself. What a break from the hubbub of daily life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would have been something for me ! I love these kind of landscapes and then such a small island, must be very peaceful !

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous place. You were very lucky with the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely and peaceful, what a blessing.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love visiting islands - but I have never made its to the CIs. These picture make it very tempting. Maybe one day I will.
    Hope all is well.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Honestly, this just might be my favorite of all your trips you’ve shared...the idea of staying on/visiting these beautiful islands really appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely to see blue sky in your photographs, and what a very nice selection too.
    I enjoyed them all.
    That crab salad looks delicious :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks a very peaceful place and little human existence.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What pretty pictures. You are quite the traveler.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.