Thursday 7 November 2019

Bryher, Isles of Scilly

This is Bryher, the smallest of the inhabited  Scilly islands. Less than 100 people live here. It is an island of contrasts. One side faces the might of the Atlantic waves whilst the other side has calm sandy beaches. It is only one and a half miles long but is zig-zagged with paths so feels bigger.






Dotted around the island are these little stalls selling a variety of fresh produce. The items are all clearly priced and you leave the money in the honesty box.


As you can imagine there are not many places to eat  on the island. This is Fraggle Rock Bar which was closed when I ambled past. I had been warned that, as it was late in the season, places would probably be closed so I had brought some food and drink with me.















I could have spent all day just watching these waves crashing onto the rocks. Perfect lunch stop.









No sign of those waves on the other side of the island.

9 comments:

  1. What a dream ! A place to stay with only 100 people ! And "shops" where you leave money and take your goods ! There is certainly no serial killer around and probably not even a police station !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had good weather that day. Lovely pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a contrast from one side to the other. Such pretty views. Did you come by ferry?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place! I too could stay for a long time just watching those waves. Thank you for sharing this wonderful island with me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos, love those waves and everything looks so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely spot. Did you get there by the mail boat?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering how those 100 people earned a living but it looks like they don't stress much about that and just enjoy a relaxed life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fascinating the difference between the two sides of the Island. I would be happy watching those waves for hours too...(as long as I’d brought food and drink...thank goodness somebody told you to do that!). Imagine only 100 people!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.