Monday 20 August 2018

Bombay Sapphire













 Last night  I went to the Bombay Sapphire gin distillery in Hampshire for a masterclass in gin cocktails with my brother and sister in law.




 We each sat before an array of glasses and ingredients



We watched demonstrations


 We all started with  a glass of gin then had a go at making a couple of different cocktails. I can't remember what they were called only how they tasted!
 The first one included elderflower cordial, lime, ginger and ginger beer as well as Bombay Sapphire gin.


 It was delicious.




 Our next cocktail included gin, sugar syrup, prosecco, mint and lime. This one had to be shaken, not stirred.

A definite winner


 We also had a tour which included smelling 24 different plants which are used to flavour gins. We chose  our favourite botanics which were included  in yet another cocktail, mixed for us at the bar.



 Non alcoholic cocktails were available
for drivers and non drinkers.




22 comments:

  1. Nice to see there was something for the non-drinkers too. I would have gone nose blind smelling all those aromas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the longer the class went on, the less you remembered. It sounds like a great thing to do. Knowing what will work when mixing drinks is a real art. Bombay Sapphire is my favourite gin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the architecture of the place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How interesting! And yes, the architecture surprises

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was fun! I am not a fan of gin, but I would have tried at least one myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope they provided eats as well. I'd be under the table after the first cocktail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a good classroom learner, but that's a class I'd enjoy very much. As long as somebody else was driving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like fun and in a lovely location too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun...laughed at the reference to 007's "shaken, not stirred".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my. My missus would love that tour. And like you forget the names. She says she does prefer Gordon's but if the truth is known she's not that fussy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't drink but I'd have been happy to make them and watch the faces of those who drank them to see if I'd done well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like all the ingredients in the first one, except the gin. I'll have one of those please! It would be really fun to smell the plants and come up with your own concoction. Wonder what you chose for yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is an interesting, fun way to spend the day. Who was driving home?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun class to take and to enjoy the product!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well that was fun to make your own drink!

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds and looks like a fun time ~ glad there non-alcoholic drinks too ~ not a drinker ~

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! It looks very fun to try to drink various kind of cocktails. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love taking little classes like this...Cute picture of you and your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Bill would love this! (Well, so would I, the results. But he is the bartender). We actually did go to some kind of wine and liquor tasting place underground somewhere while we were there, but they made the cocktails for us. It was a coupon in our bus/train pass book.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like fun but I'm no gin drinker.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That’s sounds really fun! Gins are very popular now, it would be nice to know more about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.