Friday 18 May 2018

The Wedding

As some of you might be aware there is a rather large wedding happening this Saturday in London. Well, not actually in London but in a small town a few miles from London called Windsor. It just so happens there is a rather large castle in Windsor and as with most fairy tales the Prince marries his beautiful bride in the Castle.

 I decided to pop over to Windsor yesterday and check out the preparations.














Surprised to see the happy couple out and about.



They were bombarded with requests for photos and interviews. It was a good job Madame Tussaud's was on hand with a couple of spares.












The town is over run with media teams from allover the world. They have taken over the balconies of this hotel which has an excellent view of the castle.



They have even built studios on top of some of the buildings on the High Street.



They were interviewing anyone and everyone. They even interviewed me!


Oh no they are looking at me again.








The shops are all decorated for the occasion.




















Loads of expensive tat to buy.









The local pub is being renamed 'The Prince Harry'

















After the ceremony in St George's Chapel in the Castle, the couple will be driven in a horse drawn carriage through the town so people can see them.









People are already camping out to make sure they get a front row seat.


 After going through the town the wedding procession will make its way through Windsor Great Park. This is the 'Long Walk'. a three mile tree lined path through the Park leading to the gates of the Castle.



 The TV companies all have their little piece of the park to set up their cameras.

 This is the studio from where Phillip Schofield ( ITV ) will be broadcasting .















Across the way is one of the BBC's broadcasting studios.


 There is a whole line of cherry pickers all ready for the camera crews.














 I think this is the BBC main hub.

















The portaloos have been delivered.



The plants still need to be set out.











Lots of places to buy food and drink were being set up.


And the deer in the park were just munching away as usual, not taking any notice of all the fuss that was going on around them.

I'm glad I came to visit Windsor before the big day and I hope you've enjoyed walking round the town with me.  On Saturday I will be watching the events of the day unfold from the comfort of my own home. 

17 comments:

  1. Hmmm.... it looks like they're taking things very seriously!

    Sometimes those wax figures don't really look like who they're supposed to be, but this pair makes you look twice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to see it all ahead of time. I'm glad you will be home safe and sound. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the preview. What fun to see it all beforehand. DOn't think I will watch from here. I'll check the newspaper online later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a huge event! Thanks for the photos of the preparations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A massive stimulus to the economy. I didn't know of the long walk. Makes checking if the post has arrived quite an exercise. Hurry up BBC. ITV has a march on you with an attractive studio.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When there is a special event, I love to go the day before to see the preparations and there are less people to take pictures ! Last time I was there was the day after the wedding of Edward with Sophie !! That's quite a long time ago. The church and around was still decorated with flowers !

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a circus it will be and all those preparations, nice you took a look for us. I am watching tv tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The media bun fight is amazing. Thanks for showing us around this site. I might see you on the tele then?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Someone's getting married? (Just kidding, I'm setting my alarm clock).... You were very smart to go earlier ... thanks for the guided tour!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for taking us on this brief tour, I enjoyed it muchly, while waiting for the wedding on TV tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed seeing this tour, thanks for sharing. I love that long drive to the castle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally loved the Royal Wedding from start to (public) finish!
    So full of love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Didn't see a thing of it unfortunately as I had to work. But it was definitely a nice area to get married in!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was up bright and early to watch on a rainy morning here.
    Loved all your photos of the preparations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the behind-the-scenes peek. You were wise to go early and avoid the mobs. We missed the actual weddings but saw some of the "pre-game show" in the days ahead and I enjoyed thInking about my memories own of Windsor. I do hope Harry will be happy with his choice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea - it only occurred to me when it was too late - and it is a long way for us - but a really interesting, and 'buzzy' thing to do. Windsor's lovely anyway. We watched the event on TV - a historic event, I think, and a happy news story amidst all the sadness and gloom. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, that is so lovely to be presenting the other side of the preparations! This definitely will only be 'broadcasted' here. Even as far as we are from there, our TVs carry the news and CNN Philippines have a big show on the wedding. But your post definitely i admired better, you chose lovely informative subjects here, heheh. I love most that last phicture.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.