Sunday 13 May 2018

Rosenborg Castle Copenhagen


Rosenborg Castle was built in the early 17th century by King Christian IV. Although not a large castle there was much to see. I haven't got any information about what I saw but I thought you might like to just have a look at the photos.










I was fascinated by this lock on one of the doors.

The King's bathroom































The Knight's Hall with the coronation thrones and three life sized silver lions.




In the treasury you can see the King and Queen's crowns as well as these other precious  jewels. No photos can show how the diamonds, rubies and emeralds really sparkle.






16 comments:

  1. Yes, I was intrigued by the photos, even with little background. I wonder why that one lock was so intricate? Maybe they kept something very secret inside. And the jewels sparkled through your pictures. Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, I truly enjoyed this tour. I'm neither a collector nor a jewelry person (nor a multi-millionaire looking for places to spend her money) but I kind of lust after that elephant charm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your photos of all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever seen a smiling lion sculpture. Isn't it nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post with history and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder what that strong-looking lock was meant to keep in, or out. Didn't you just imagine the royal children and grandchildren riding those lions??? They are just begging for a little one to climb on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What treasures! I can’t even imagine living in that splendor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Well worth visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please share a little history .. these pictures really intrigue me..

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really gorgous castle and collection - I agree & would love more information

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! So impressive. So rich in history.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos - you are so lucky to be able to visit such places.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Engaging post and wonderful photo’s.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fascinating castle and wonderful photos ~ love the little elephant jewelry ~

    Wishing you a Happy Week, xxx

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that is such a lovely clock with a statuette sitting at a table. That would be my pick IF I had a million dollars and IF it were for sale …….

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my there are some lovely things in there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.