Friday 22 May 2015

Reflections of Liverpool

 Blisters have now finally healed and this week I visited Liverpool in the North West of England. It is many, many years since I was last there so there was much to see. Liverpool was a large port and much of its history is based in that area. Nowadays, as in many of our cities, the docks have gone and the warehouses have been transformed into fancy apartments, hotels and museums.

 Around the Albert dock is the Maritime Museum, which includes the Slavery Museum and close by is the Tate Art Gallery


Close to the Albert Dock is the Open Eye Gallery which is great for reflections.

 This is the Museum of Liverpool overlooking the River Mersey.



Sharing with James at Weekend Reflections

20 comments:

  1. Albert dock looks as I remember it. What an amazing building the Museum of Liverpool is in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic reflections from amazing buildings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow- super reflections in those buildings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're all healed up. Great shots. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cool place to visit, i think I would enjoy the gallery too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am glad the blisters healed! That museums and hotels have replaced the docks, does that mean the industries in Liverpool fared well? Interesting that they call the cart museum the Tate - just like in London... About your reply to the $5 bill - I didn't know that saying, but I will remember this one! (great to know for kids:) )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm happy the blisters are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the reflection off the building in your third photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great reflections of those windows of the buildings. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The architecture of today is always good for a few remarkable reflection shots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was there in the sixties, I wouldn't recognize anything I am afraid. Nice photos of the reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quite a mix of ultra modern and historic buildings. No doubt there would be so much to see if you had the time to explore further.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad your feet have recovered! I enjoy seeing the mix of old and new buildings and it looks like you picked a beautiful day for this visit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It seems interesting city

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lot of glass makes for great reflections. I prefer the older brick and stone structures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Was last there in 2010, stayed int he area and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Was last there in 2010, stayed int he area and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the reflection on the gallery building!

    Carolina Mts

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.