Wednesday 27 May 2015

Another Place - how it was done.

I realised from all your comments that I should have added information on how the Anthony Gormley figures were installed on Crosby Beach (see previous post).



It took contractors three weeks to put the metre long piles in place in the sand before fixing the figures on top.


The above pictures were copied from a notice board at the site.












These photos show how the figures are secured to metal piles allowing them to withstand the ebb and flow of the tide.


10 comments:

  1. Now that makes sense. It's amazing to see those figures, and now I know they should remain for awhile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such interesting pieces of art! Thanks for including some more information about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read your other post as well. That is a fantastic thing to see and thank you for the information on how they were placed there.

    I guess for the uninitiated, it must be quite a scary sight to see a man standing in the sea like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! That explains it well. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, I had heard about these figures before but not read about them in depth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah ha! So that's how it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing. I'm gad I was a bit late visiting, so I got the explanation along with the first post. Have never seen or heard of anything like this. Quite fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An amazing project, I like the projects of the artist, we have an huge iron sitting man of him on the edge of a dike.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness, what a work !

    ReplyDelete
  10. The day after seeing your last post a friend from Liverpool (with whom I originally visited Another Place) sent me a photo of the beach with Cunard's three Queens all lined up out in the bay. It's here if you're interested: https://www.facebook.com/LookatLiverpool/photos/a.825083084204069.1073741828.824798917565819/885055441540166/?type=1&theater

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.