Monday, 14 September 2026

Casablanca

 Now the children are back at school I have some free time to do some travelling on my own. So this week I am in Morocco.  The trip starts in Casablanca and finishes a week later in Marrakech. 


I  am only in Casablanca for a day so before meeting the tour group later in the day I decided to see as much as possible. 



The traders were just beginning to open up their shops in the bazaar.

This man was putting dough into a large oven. Pity I didn't get a photo from the other side.



Morocco has a coastline on the Atlantic and the Mediterranean.  At Casablanca it is the Atlantic.


By the coast is the Hassan II Mosque.  It is the 3rd largest in the world after Mecca and Medina.

It was built in the 1980s 

Beneath the Mosque are large rooms for the washing/purification before going into the Mosque to pray



Lots of narrow streets
 

Entrance to a modern shopping centre.


Bougainvillea spilling over onto the street. By now it was midday and the streets were filling with people. On my way back through the bazaar all the shops were open and it was very busy but I didn't see any tourists around and decided not to photograph people. By now the temperature was in the mid 30sC. and I decided to return to the hotel.
Later in the day I met the rest of the tour group. There are 12 of us altogether. People are mainly from Canada and Australia. Just myself from England and one from Scotland and another from Ireland. 
The only problem I think I will have will be the rising temperatures.  Where we are going the forecast is for temperatures in the mid 40s! 

2 comments:

  1. If it is dry heat, I could manage such temperatures. Seems like it will be a good group to travel with. The mosque is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good time to visit. Few people, few tourists, and cooler. Enjoy the 40%s.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.