Now the children are back at school I have some free time to do some travelling on my own. So this week I am in Morocco. The trip starts in Casablanca and finishes a week later in Marrakech.
I am only in Casablanca for a day so before meeting the tour group later in the day I decided to see as much as possible.
![]() |
The traders were just beginning to open up their shops in the bazaar.
![]() |
This man was putting dough into a large oven. Pity I didn't get a photo from the other side.
Morocco has a coastline on the Atlantic and the Mediterranean. At Casablanca it is the Atlantic.
By the coast is the Hassan II Mosque. It is the 3rd largest in the world after Mecca and Medina.
It was built in the 1980sBeneath the Mosque are large rooms for the washing/purification before going into the Mosque to pray
Entrance to a modern shopping centre.













If it is dry heat, I could manage such temperatures. Seems like it will be a good group to travel with. The mosque is magnificent.
ReplyDeleteGood time to visit. Few people, few tourists, and cooler. Enjoy the 40%s.
ReplyDeleteThis is with your usual tour company I assume. I know you'll have a great time.
ReplyDeleteYou travel to some amazing places!
ReplyDeleteNice to see these photographs.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your travels and keep as cool as you can with temperatures in the mid 40's.
Take care, and stay hydrated.
All the best Jan
Oh my that will be hot. Put a wet hand towel around your neck. My friend did a tour there just recently and she had some amazing pics. She gave me a beautifully patterned tea towel .
ReplyDeleteTheatre Rialto looks fantastic - Deco, 1925-39, on a main street corner and well preserved (at least on the outside). What a great era that was for cinemas.
ReplyDelete