Saturday, 29 August 2026

More Summer holiday visits

I had a very busy week last week. I drove North to Leeds with my eldest granddaughter to look after my youngest 2 grandchildren for a few days. Then drove home via Stratford-upon-Avon on the Thursday. On the Friday I travelled by rail to Brighton.



 Victorian shopping arcades in Leeds.

The River Avon. I stopped here on my way back from Leeds to show my granddaughter the home of Shakespeare in Stratford upon Avon. 
Arriving at Brighton Rail Station to meet up with some friends.
Brighton pier 
I wondered why these ladies were all sitting here.
They were getting ready for a sing song and walk along the prom.

2 comments:

  1. Goodness ... you have been busy and done quite a bit of travelling!
    That was a little different to see those ladies enjoying a sing song and walk along the prom in Brighton.

    Hope you are enjoying the late August Bank Holiday weekend ... as I sit typing it's raining and I must say the rain is very welcome.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. The arcade looks lovely, and the same blue was used on the roof at Brighton Station, the roof I failed to notice when we visited.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.