Monday 5 August 2024

Taylor Swift at the V and A

 Today I took my 10 yr old granddaughter to the Victoria and Albert museum. We were here to follow the Taylor Swift songbook trail. Well to be honest I was there to facilitate my granddaughter following the trail.

There were 13 sections, each one highlighted a different chapter of her career by displaying the outfits she wore during her concerts. I only took a couple of photos as my gd took loads of photos.


I have to say all credit to the V and A for putting on this free exhibition during the school summer holidays. My gd who is a huge fan of Taylor loved every minute of it.
Each section of the trail is in a different part of the museum and I assume the museum is trying to showcase itself to a younger audience. Whatever the reason, it was a great, free day out.

10 comments:

  1. These dresses look so extravagant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma doing what grandma's do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two granddaughters, 14 years old and 8 years old. Both would have enjoyed this outing so much! And so would have gramma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, V&A. That is certainly one way to attract younger visitors, though I wonder how many boys would be interested. Perhaps there will be a themed trail for them, on the current favourite footballer, maybe - whoever that is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely way to spend the day with your granddaughter - mine is to young to know who Taylor Swift is lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. GD #3 who just turned 7 is a huge fan of Taylor too. She would love that museum. I'll have to show her your blog post when she's visiting next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a fantastic day out! It's wonderful that the V&A put on such an engaging exhibition and made it accessible for everyone. Your granddaughter must have had a great time exploring Taylor Swift's career through those outfits.

    I just posted a new blog post www.melodyjacob.com, I invite you to read, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice of you to take gd to the exhibition. It must have been a nice bonding time together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shame on me I didn't know this girl until she started to make her tour around Europe ! Mostly girls got completely crazy, TS fan clubs created and her dresses copied ! Fortunately she has a good influence on teenagers ! Unfortunately my GC is a boy and not interested in TS !

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.