Sunday 31 March 2024

Happy Easter

After some sunshine yesterday I was hopeful that today would be warm and sunny but no it is dull and cold but at least it's not raining. Two weeks today I will be starting my annual long distance walk with 5 friends. The weather has meant that I've not done as many country walks as I would liked to have done in preparation for the 80 miles or so that we will be walking. 

I was hoping to get out in the country today but everywhere is so wet, it does not make for a pleasant walk where you are ankle deep in mud. Instead I went to Greenwich park, which is my local large park. I'm glad I did as the flowers and the blossom were at their best.



After walking around the park I continued my walk by the river. This is 'The Trafalgar', festooned ready to celebrate the Easter holiday. I think the last time I went in here for a drink I was with Andrew from From the Highrise. No time today for a break, as I needed to get a few miles under the belt before lunchtime.








There's always something to see by the river. This is the old pier attached to the Greenwich power station.
Docklands across the river.
I walked as far as the O2 which is an events arena plus shops, restaurants etc. and then returned for another circuit of the park. All in all I managed a 10 mile walk, mainly on the flat with just a couple of hills in the park. So I don't feel I am ready for the long walk but hopefully with a pocket full of blister plasters and good company I'll manage. 


 

12 comments:

  1. Good luck on your long distance walk. Sounds like you are really in training for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a nice pub on the riverbank. You had the soup for lunch as I recall. It will be good to read of your newest long walk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you have done more that I have. So where is the long walk taking place

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where are you going this time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be waiting to see some more photos from you. We are just heading into Autumn here and I've planted loads of daffodils and freesia in preparation for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seem to remember you saying you were ill prepared before your last long distance walk. I'm sure you will be fine, and hopefully your friends will be in the same situation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy the photos from your treks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved walking with you, though those beautiful gardens and beyond. I am seriously impressed at your long walk. Ten miles would be way too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful blossom and flowers.
    Belated Happy Easter Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. We don't have so many plants or flowers blooming. The leaves start to come out very shyly ! It still rains once per day and everything is wet. My daily half an hour walk often falls into the water (really). Fortunately we have the activities in the afternoon !

    ReplyDelete
  11. 80 miles, what a long walk. I hope you don't get too many blisters. Looking forward to seeing photos 😀

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are amazing still doing those long walks. Hope you are successful. Hope the weather improves for you. I can't walk in my favourite forest any more due to sciatica. Makes me miserable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.