Friday 12 May 2023

The garden

I love having a garden but I don't  do nearly enough gardening to keep it looking good. This week I was going to clear the weeds around the pond.

I ended up just watching the newts. I saw five within the first few minutes so I assume there are many more in the pond.

These are a couple of oak trees. During lockdown my granddaughter and myself collected some acorns and planted them. A couple germinated and these are the results. Our very own lockdown oaks.
 I only have a small garden so they will be staying in the pots.

8 comments:

  1. You won't be able to keep those oaks in pots for long lol. I'm like you I think. I like the idea of a garden but not the effort involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garden work does excite me on weekends. Gardening improves one's cognition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your granddaughter will be very proud of her lockdown oaks in the future, long after the nastiness of covid has disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oaks are magnificent reminders that God knows the "all other land is sinking sand". Oaks are such amazing trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Springtime gives you the gardening bug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a pond in our backyard too. Right now, it's attracted a couple of mallards. They are fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see the newts.
    We had a duck in the garden recently, there is a lake nearby so I think it did a detour :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.