Sunday 30 May 2021

A new decade

 Last week I celebrated a significant birthday.


Fortunately, lockdown restrictions were eased a few days before and myself, daughter, son, Dil and grandchildren were able to meet up and spend a few days together to celebrate. 

Last Summer I booked a lodge at CentreParcs thinking the restrictions of the pandemic would be in the past! It then became a nail biting time wondering if I would be able to celebrate at all. However, just four days before my birthday the rules were changed and I would be able to celebrate the day with my closest family.


My daughter baked this fabulous cake which was delicious. She also made a video of messages from friends and relatives which was emotional, funny and full of special memories for me.

My son and Dil arranged the activities for the weekend which involved rock climbing, Segway, crazy golf, ten pin bowling, badminton, table tennis, swimming and more! We had such a good time that few photos were taken.



21 comments:

  1. Many happy returns and a healthy year to come.

    That cake is spectacular! If it wasn't covid, I would suggest she goes professional. I could be her first big customer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations with this milestone in age! Glad you could celebrate it in thw old way with family. Slowly going to normal....

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very happy birthday to you dearest. Love your dress and your DiL looks glam. So pleased you had a good time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, you all look so fabulous and what an amazing cake! I hear 70 is the new 50, by the way. Belated Happy Birthday to you. Wishing you a healthy happy year ahead. You certainly have the love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the decade of the 70s! What a grand celebration. What makes me feel older is having my oldest child turn 40 on Saturday! How can that be?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, happy birthday and congratulations for making it into your eighth decade in such good shape! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So wonderful you were able to have close family to celebrate your special day with you. Sounds like it was a very memorable birthday. Enjoy this next decade.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated happy birthday! That cake looks amazing and sounds like you must have been on the go the whole weekend and exhausted at the end of it! But so glad you got to spend it with your family as planned.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! Glad it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations and what a good time you were able to have with your family. The cake is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Belated!! So glad you could enjoy this time with your (very active) family!! What a great weekenkd.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - what a nail biting wait and a happy birthday conclusion. Glad you could celebrate with your family! Where are the pics of you rock climbing?!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy belated! glad you managed to celebrate with your family after all that nail biting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday and so glad you had a special one ~ Xo

    Living moment by momen,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated birthday! And I don't need to say I hope you enjoyed it: you just showed us you did. So nice you were able to spend it with your family doing all sorts of fun things. On to the next 10!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A late Happy birthday to you, hope you had a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ...Happy Birthday, I did that a while ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.