Tuesday 13 October 2020

Brompton Cemetery

 

Once the restrictions were lessened I have been trying to visit more underground stations. I started my 'Above the Underground' challenge in 2014. There are 270 different tube stations and to date I have visited and written about 125 stations. Ensuring I remain safe means not travelling on the tube as much as I did prior to the Covid outbreak. This means that I walk more between stations and also find other ways of  getting to them such as using National Rail. I have found that travelling early on Saturdays or Sundays means the NR trains are almost empty and I can open all the windows. 

I enjoy exploring the areas surrounding the stations as often they are unfamiliar to me. This week's gem was Brompton cemetery, a few minutes walk from West Brompton. Read more at http://62andthenext10pathways.blogspot.co.uk

9 comments:

  1. The squirrel has found a nice place ! You at least have enough energy to visit places, we have such bad and cold weather that it's better to stay inside and not catch a cold ! Today or tomorrow we will receive new instructions which probably means more restrictions !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to set aside time to read your posts to the full, but they are worth the effort. I know rather a lot about London now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wrote that Brompton Cemetery was consecrated in 1840 making it one of the oldest garden cemeteries in Britain. 200,000+ people are buried here, including Emmeline Pankhurst.

    I used to think going to random cemeteries was a bit spooky. But since my parents died, I have found the experience rather restful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely moent captured.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little guy. I also enjoy your posts very much and never want to miss one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat shot of the squirrel on the headstone ~

    Live each moment with love,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you've been able to continue your travels but I'm sure it is a challenge sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.