Monday 22 June 2020

Out and about in Kathmandu


These photos were taken as slides on a kodak instamatic in the mid 1970s. The quality isn't great but they are special to me and I think worth sharing.They were taken in and around the town of Kathmandu, Nepal. In 2015, a severe eathquake struck  Kathmandu. 9000 people were killed and more than 600,000 structures damaged or destroyed.
These are musical pipes that he is selling.
















Swayambhunath Stupa

Spinning the prayer wheels around the stupa





14 comments:

  1. These are wonderful historical pictures. I am so glad you are sharing them with your readers. A place that is very different today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, wonderful images from your trip. What a beautiful place, the buildings are lovely. I assume some are temples? Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love old photos. These are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We almost went to Nepal, a couple of times. We ended up in Goa. I think your photos stood the test of time. I'll bet Katmandu is still much the same but no tourists this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it was a rather fashionable place to visit in the 70s and that then borders were less complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the last one of the two crossing children. So children's book for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thet are very nice, The colours of photos have improved nowadays very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are wonderful photos and a treasure ~ Went Lhasa Tibet and loved the trip ~ (part of a China trip) ~

    Be Safe, Be Well,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  10. … and more great photographs and memories from Kathmandu :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed your photos. I am curious about what it looks like today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.