Friday 4 October 2019

City Hall Belfast








The City Hall was open to visitors from 9.30 and was just a few minutes walk from my hotel. It is an impressive building with the dome modeled on that of St Paul's Cathedral in London.















The Spanish Civil War window

Celtic myths and legends






















The Dockers' Strike Centenary Window 1907












The Famine Window

Belfast City Centenary Window.













There was also a moving display of quotes from local people about the Troubles.








9 comments:

  1. Very moving quotes indeed. I like the themed windows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An impressive building indeed with nice stained windows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing all of this. From the beautiful stained glass to the very affecting quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive building. Love those stained glass windows. Very sobering quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stained glass, especially the second one. Very interesting style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Part of the world I have never visited - did not have the best reputation when I was kid for obvious reasons! But it does look interesting.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder why a town hall required such enormous and gorgeous architecture. Did they allow other organisations to meet there?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing building and wonderful stained glass.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.