Welcome to my blog

This is it! I've given up work -retired from the rat race and am about to start on a 10 year adventure, doing all those things I've been meaning to do but never had the time to do them. I've offloaded my responsibilities and it is now my time. So follow my adventures and see whether I actually manage anything!



Thursday, 1 March 2012

Paralympic Opening ceremony

Yesterday I went to an audition for the Paralympic Opening Ceremony. As I am on the reserve list for the Olympic ceremony I was asked to audition for the paralympics. I went along but I didn't feel as keen or enthusiastic as I did about The Olympic ceremony audition; not because it's the Paralympics but mainly because of the long wait to find out whether or not I was successful. However off I went to the 3 Mills studio. Along the way I got talking to other auditionees who were in the same boat as myself:HMS Reject. It was a good evening.The activities are always fun and the group of people you mix with are usually a good laugh. I am under no illusion that I will be any more successful in this audition as once again there were far more women than men there which is a big disadvantage as they want equal numbers. I also managed to mess up the dance routine. Did it perfectly whilst practising but when we did it in smaller groups for the judges I mistimed the beginning and found it difficult then to catch up. Not to worry it was still an enjoyable evening.