Monday 9 September 2024

Summer Holidays

 The school holidays are now over. It has been a very busy time for me and I have neglected both my blogs. The summer has been spent mainly in the UK with a 5 day break to Lake Garda, Italy with my daughter. We had a family stay at a farm in Sussex which all four grandchildren loved. A weekend away in Warwick visiting the castle and the Titanic exhibition at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham. Finally a long weekend with my youngest grandchildren in Yorkshire two weeks and this last weekend a two night stay at Camber Sands in West Sussex with my two eldest grandchildren.


The kids loved playing in the sand dunes.










They had great fun rolling down the hills in the soft sand.


The closest town is Rye just a couple of miles away. Many of the houses date back to the 16th and 17th century.





You can't go to the seaside without having an ice cream.

12 comments:

  1. Seaside town is always somewhere to indulge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some sand dunes. Nice to have the time to spend with grandchildren. Where are you traveling to next? My youngest sister is in Corsica on a hiking trip. She's in her go-go years at 64. My oldest sister almost 80 does lots of flying to California but to babysit a grandson. I don't know how she does it. We are headed to Chicago for a wedding next month with stops on the way there and one on the way home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grand children have certainly grown. I like those short holidays you have taken. There was always something on the horizon to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rye is such a pretty town, though it's decades since I was last there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed you were very busy, but in a very pleasant way ! Rye is a lovely little town, I have been there once during my stays in Eastbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who selects the destinations and the activities - the grandchildren or grandma?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a fantastic summer! These photos captured a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The beach scenery you've shared is what I miss about home, so many sandy beaches, more pebbles and rocks here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kids, sand and ice cream - the summer trinity!
    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  10. From the picturesque Lake Garda to the charming farm stay in Sussex, and the exciting visits to Warwick Castle and the Titanic exhibition, you’ve packed in a lot of memorable experiences. The time spent with your grandchildren must have been especially rewarding, and it’s clear they had a blast playing in the sand dunes at Camber Sands.

    Here’s hoping the school holidays have left you with plenty of cherished memories and a bit of well-deserved rest. It’s great to hear you made the most of your summer adventures with family and fun.

    I wish you a lovely weekend. You are invited to read my new blog post: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2022/10/how-to-break-out-of-nzu-addiction.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you have been having a happy busy time with grandkids. Making memories. my son in law's family own a beach hose and a beach box at RYE in Victoria, Australia. the grand children loved playing on the beach and canoeing but now they live here in Brisbane.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds as if your summer was busy but fun!
    Lovely to see your photographs.
    I remember going to Rye some years back ... a very nice place to visit.

    Enjoy your September days.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.