Monday 14 August 2023

Suffolk

 This week I am away with my daughter and her two young children staying in Suffolk. It's a beautiful county and we are finding plenty of things to do.


The River Stour is close by and we took a short boat trip to admire the scenery from the water. There were only the four of us on the boat with the skipper and his mate in charge of the boat. They were volunteers for the River Stour Trust and gave guided trips. The children loved it as the skipper allowed them to drive the boat for a while. 


I enjoyed the peaceful journey and views.


7 comments:

  1. York haha, Canada, Menorca and now the Suffolk countryside! Your pent up travel desires have come to the fore this year.
    I assume it was a donation welcome boat trip but even so, how good of the volunteers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scenic views are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm lucky to live in that beautiful county but haven't been on a boat trip on the Stour. Were you in Dedham for the boat trip?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a peaceful ride on that river.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like such a peaceful river, nice thing to do in Summer

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good grandmother you are -- I am sure everybody is having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.