Wednesday 16 August 2023

On the farm


This week I am staying with my daughter and two grandkids on a farm in Suffolk. The outbuildings and barns belonging to the farm have been converted into holiday cottages.
 



There is a lake if you are keen on fishing. An indoor swimming pool, playground, tennis court and of course a few animals.



 

My 5 yr old grandson loves feeding the chickens and collecting the eggs.
All the scraps and leftover food is given to the pigs.
 The two Shetland ponies are very well fed. Food for the animals is left in small bags so the children can help themselves and go off and feed them whenever they want.

7 comments:

  1. A farm is such a good thing for kids to experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy and I hope you get some quiet time too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What clever people, converting the outbuildings and barns belonging to the farm into holiday cottages. City children might know a great deal about cars, trams, computers, mobile phones and coffee shops. But they wouldn't know a cow or chicken if they ran into them. Excellent holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful place for kids to live. Thanks for stopping by my summer recap post. I tried to leave a comment on your other blog but had trouble signing in. Google can be that way these day. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post makes me think I can not imagine a better more peaceful vacation. How fun for the children that they can take food provided for the animals to feed them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun place to stay with children! I was surprised that a farm would have an indoor swimming pool though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.