Thursday 13 April 2023

Easter sunshine.



We enjoyed beautiful sunshine over the Easter weekend. Spring is very much here. The hawthorn was in full flower along the hedgerows as I ventured out for few miles of walking in the Kent countryside.



The celandine made a wonderful splash of colour.
Many of the pathways were just deep in mud after all the rain we have had. It does make walking difficult as your boots become caked in mud.








I was surprised I could see the London city skyscrapers in the distance as they would be at least 20 miles from where i was walking. 



You can just begin to see the blue haze of the bluebells coming into flower. I am hoping they don't all flower too soon as I am leading a walk through here next month and one of the highlights of the walk is the hundreds of bluebells in flower.


Beside the church the graveyard looked very picturesque with all these primroses in bloom.


The wood anemones were out in force with all the sunshine.


This is the first country walk I have done for a while as I have an inflamed tibialis posterior tendon. I have had physio, acupuncture and am doing daily exercises to improve the problem. It is not that painful when I am walking but after resting it is incredibly painful. Next week I am joining five others as we do another long distance walk. 2019 was the last one we did as Covid preventive us getting together over the last three years. I am hoping that the walk will not be too strenuous as it is in Norfolk, a fairly flattish county. I am determined to be there and have been told that the walking should not do further damage to the tendon but won't help with the pain either. So I will be stocking up on anti-inflammatories and pain killers before I leave. Wish me luck.

11 comments:

  1. It would be hard to take a bad photo of such a pretty area. The cherry blossom season viewing in northern Japan had to be brought forward by two weeks this year, so I hope it is not the same for bluebells. Nothing to do with climate change of course. Take care during the walk. You can only give it a go but pull out if it is too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lush greenery, flourishing flowers and pleasant sunshine..what could be nicer to welcome you back to the walking world. Tendon pain... disappear!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you managed to get out over easter, I'm still recuperating at home but do manage to get out for a walk around the village

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to read you are still suffering with that tendon. Look forward to photos from your hiking trip. Hope the weather cooperates. Is Norfolk where Blogger John of Stargoose resides?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks very beautiful indeed. I am hoping you will make that excursion without much problem. I look forward to hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos and yes boots are still required here for woodland walks. Sorry to hear about the tendon problems - hope it doesn't spoil the Norfolk walk for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors of early spring are so delicate and sweet. By now you are probably on your long hike in Norfolk and I am sending good thoughts for your tendon. Among other things, I have been struggling with a foot problem that’s limiting my hiking, too. Anyway, Happy Trails to you and your fellow hikers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful early spring walk. Your tendon problem reminds me about the information on your other blog about the step-free stations. Because lately my knees pain me when I walk on stairs. They also don't hurt when I walk but do when I sit for too long. But I of course am not planning to walk miles in the beautiful English countryside. I DO wish you all kinds of luck and send all my admiration. (But do take the pain pills before you need them drastically).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful photographs.
    Take care on your walks, hope the tendon is feeling okay.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.