Tuesday 22 March 2022

Spring is here

We are enjoying warm and sunny weather at the moment and things have more or less returned to normal. The u3a (University of the 3rd Age) rambling group started its walks again last October. I have regularly led walks for them for a few years now through the Kent countryside. I decided that this year I would also lead some London walks based on my 'Above the Underground' posts. These are proving very popular and I am enjoying returning to some of my favourite walks from tube stations. 

Next month I will be going on a long distant walk. Some of you might remember my annual long distant walks with a group of five friends. Well our last one was in 2019 when we walked about 90 miles of the South West Coast path. A walk around Norfolk had to be cancelled in 2020 and again in 2021. With just four weeks to go it looks as though we should be able to embark upon our 2022 adventure following the coast of Norfolk. Three years on, none of us are as fit as we were in 2019. I am way behind with my training schedule as I picked up Covid a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't that bad but did prevent me from going out to do some long walks. I am back to normal now and need to do some daily long walks. 



Last month my daughter and myself went for a very special meal to celebrate her birthday. We went to Adam Handling's restaurant 'Frog' in Covent Garden. The meal was exceptional as well as being an incredible experience. We had booked the restaurant months in advance which was just as well as he was awarded a Michelin star just a couple of weeks before we visited and I hear it is very difficult to get a booking now. 
We were fortunate to be able to chat to Adam Handling after the meal.







We had the tasting menu which involved five courses. This was the first one and it was only afterwards that I wished I had kept the menu so I could remember the dishes. I forgot to take photos of all the courses but I will remember the meal for it being the best I have ever tasted. I'm not sure when we will have the opportunity of eating here again as it is expensive but for a very special occasion it was the perfect choice.
This was the first course 'the snacks' which was followed by a bread course with chicken butter and liver parfait. I know it doesn't sound great but believe me it was unbelievably delicious.











9 comments:

  1. Your meal out looks amazing! Glad you enjoyed it. Good luck with the long distance hike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. University of the 3rd Age rambling groups are terrific. I love the idea of fresh air, sensible exercise and plenty of company all together, rather than going off to a gym alone. And London walks can always end up in an espresso bar :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clink of glass, cheers. Nice dress and you are looking fab. What a great meal out.
    Good luck with the walk. Better you than me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good. Gosh you did well to get through 5 courses, I don't think I could

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had quite a night out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! That’s a beautiful photo of you and your daughter and your fantastic meal.
    You have so many good walks to look forward to … FINALLY! I would so love to come on some of your walks near the London underground stations. We are starting to allow a little excitement to creep in, too, as we plan some travels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie, What a wonderful way to celebrate daughter's birthday.
    Another long distance walk - hurrah! Look forward to your blog on that topic. Didn't know you'd caught Covid. Hopefully no long lasting symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun on the Norfolk coast - I'll look out for you if I happen to be up that way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That food definitely looks amazing! Glad you had a good celebration with your daughter. Good luck with the training.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.